Amigurumi pony and rainbow go together like salt and pepper and they are often top of crocheters’ to-do list.
Make your dreams come true with this rainbow pony crochet pattern! It’s easy once you know the basic techniques and tips and you’ll love the result!
To create a rainbow pony amigurumi you will need:
- Yarnart Jeans yarn (55% cotton, 45% acrylic; 160 m / 50 g) of desired colors
- 2.0 mm crochet hook
- Button eyes or safety eyes
- Embroidery floss for muzzle
- Scissors and sewing needle
The amigurumi pony is 13 cm tall (the length is 16 cm, the width is 7 cm).
Skill level: easy
Rainbow pony amigurumi
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
st = stitch
inc = increase
dec = decrease
sl st = slip stitch
(..) = repeat the space in brackets the given number of times
[..] = total number of stitches
Start with the color of muzzle.
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring 
Rnd 2: (inc) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 3: (sc in next st, inc) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 4: (sc in next 2 st, inc) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 5: (sc in next st, inc, sc in next 2 st) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 6: (sc in next 3 st, inc, sc in next st) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 7: (sc in next 2 st, inc, sc in next 3 st) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 8-12: sc in all 42 st 
Rnd 13: (sc in next 2 st, dec, sc in next 3 st) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 14-15: sc in all 36 st 
Further, alternate different colors each round.
To get invisible color joints please follow the instructions:
1. Take off the loop from the hook and insert the hook in the next stitch and then in this loop.
2. Grab the thread of another color and pull it through the specified above loop and the stitch. Draw tight the end of first thread (this is yellow color on the photo).
3. Insert the hook into the next stitch and pull out one more loop.
4. Finish the single crochet stitch using both loops on the hook.
Crochet the round of single crochet stitches and join to the first stitch with sl st.
Rnd 16-18: sc in all 36 st 
Rnd 19: (sc in next 3 st, dec, sc in next st) repeat 6 times 
Embroider a nose between Rnd 13 and Rnd 14 at the distance of 4 stitches. Embroider a smile between Rnd 3 and Rnd 10.
Insert or sew on the eyes between Rnd 16 and Rnd 17 (6 stitches between the eyes).
Rnd 20-22: sc in all 30 st 
Rnd 23: (sc in next st, dec, sc in next 2 st) repeat 6 times 
Stuff the head not very firmly.
Rnd 24: (sc in next 2 st, dec) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 25: (sc in next st, dec) repeat 6 times 
Rnd 26: (dec) repeat 6 times 
Decrease till the hole is closed. Fasten off and weave in the end.