This crochet monkey rattle is sure to become one of baby’s favorites! It provides a wonderful way to help develop baby’s motor skills.
One important note before you start following this crochet pattern – toys with small plastic parts should not be given to children under the age of 3! We strongly recommend embroidering eyes instead of using plastic eyes. Better safe than sorry!
- Yarnart Jeans (55% cotton, 45% acrylic; 160 m / 50 g) in brown, beige, yellow and green colors
- 2.0 mm crochet hook
- Black and white embroidery floss
- Reliable safety eyes (7-8 mm) or black floss for eye embroidering
- Fiberfill for stuffing
- Little plastic egg/container (like Kinder Surprise egg) with beads
- Scissors and tapestry needle
Skill level: easy
The size of finished crochet rattle is about 12-13 cm (5″).
Amigurumi Monkey Baby Rattle
Free crochet pattern
ch = chain
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
inc = increase (2 sc in one st)
dec = decrease (2 sc together)
sl st = slip stitch
(..) = repeat the space in brackets the given number of times
[..] = total number of stitches
This crochet pattern describes the rattle without a wooden ring. If you want to use a wooden ring, crochet the base rattle parts (ring and semi-ring) around it, beginning with the ring and finishing with the semi-ring.