This crochet hippo rattle is sure to become one of baby’s favorites! It provides a wonderful way to help develop baby’s motor skills.
One important note before you start following this crochet pattern – toys with small plastic parts should not be given to children under the age of 3! We strongly recommend embroidering eyes instead of using plastic eyes. Better safe than sorry!
- Yarnart Jeans (55% cotton, 45% acrylic; 160 m / 50 g) in blue and yellow colors
- 2.0 mm crochet hook
- Black and white embroidery floss
- Reliable safety eyes (6-7 mm) or black floss for eye embroidering
- Fiberfill for stuffing
- Little plastic egg/container (like Kinder Surprise egg) with beads
- Scissors and tapestry needle
Skill level: easy
The size of finished crochet rattle is about 12-13 cm (5″).
5 thoughts on “Hippo baby rattle crochet pattern”
Est-ce possible d’avoir le patron en français. Merci
Hogy mit szeretnél??
Which Wodden Ring size is compatible for the Ring inlay?
I made this pattern, and it’s super easy and fun! JUST A PIECE OF ADVICE: when crocheting the head, place the plastic container in the head AFTER stuffing the nose. Or the nose won’t look plump and cute like it should. I placed the container in the nose before I did any kind of stuffing, so when I stuffed, the nose wasn’t round and plump.
Thank you Amigurumi Today for this pattern!! It will a great gift for my friends’ baby!